Cream lace top for little girls

By Sunbird Sews - Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Cream crepe top for girls with neck ruffle flounce and lace trim hem summery breezy design

Lace looks lovely! In any form, shape and size. Be it lace fabrics or trims I love them. Accentuate any solid fabric and make it pop with style. That is what I did for this sweet little top for a little girl. I was given some yardage of cream colored crepe fabric to make something summery for a little girl.

Well crepe is a nice fabric made out of twisted yarn but wearing it in summer is not something I would recommended unless the design is well thought of, because crepe is not natural and does not breathe. Keeping this in mind I decided for a very breezy top which will keep the wearer ventilated and comfortable.

I designed a neck flounce and hemmed it with some lace. I really loved the way the top turned out and hung it in one remote corner of my drawing room until the recipient arrived to try it out. I must say it did draw a good deal of attention of the guests who popped up those couple of days before the top went to its home.
Cream crepe top for girls with neck ruffle flounce and lace trim hem summery breezy design

The little girl liked it and also posed a couple of clicks for me. It was a little breezy and the neck flounce flew and arrived on to the front creating another design which the girl got excited about too! That is what the first image shows. May be this is a new design I will consider while designing another top.  She liked the way her top flew as she sprung into the air and kept her cool. I love this combination so much now that I too want to make one for myself. On another note looking at this top reminds me of a cream cake with decoration, funny I know !!

Do you have any fav pics of clothing with lace? Do let me know in the comments below.

If you are new to this blog, you may want to follow along via FB or Bloglovin.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Got something to say or ask? I am happy to hear in the comments. I will get back to you right here ASAP.